At Summit Air, nothing is more important to us than your safety.
Our stringent company policies and history of safe flying are a testament to the fact that we conduct our business with safety as our core operating principal.
Our aircraft are equipped to the highest instrument flight standards, and we are constantly re-evaluating our fleet to ensure we remain ahead of the curve with regards to federally mandated safety requirements.
All aircraft are standardized to come equipped with an onboard satellite phone, portable phone, next generation satellite tracking, and Transport Canada approved medevac kit.
Summit Air will at all times strive to operate in a manner that consciously safeguards our employees, our clients, and the communities in which we do business.
In order to protect people and property and to maintain public trust, operational integrity, and service reliability, it is the policy of Summit to:
- Operate and maintain our aircraft and facility assets in a responsible manner, placing a strong emphasis on safety and health.
- Comply with applicable safety and health laws.
- Implement recognized industry health and safety guidelines and apply prudent standards where regulations do not exist.
- Anticipate, recognize and evaluate safety and health risk factors that potentially affect employees, customers, contractors, or the public, and implement appropriate measures to control, minimize, or eliminate such risks.
- Work with our people so that they recognize safety and health risks.
- Continually measure and improve our safety and health performance and provide resources to support our safety targets.
We take pride in the maintenance, cleanliness, and reliability of our aircraft and facilities. In addition to our own 360-degree safety management system, we use audits by Transport Canada and existing or potential clients to improve our processes and practices. Our proactive effort and dedication to implementing leading edge safety and working practices are core to our organization.
Summit Air has developed a Safety Management System (SMS) capable of:
- Identifying or trapping unsafe actions
- Initiating corrective actions
- Continuously monitoring and evaluating operations
The components of our SMS system include:
- Reactive Reporting
- Proactive Reporting
- Investigation & Analysis
- Risk Management & Assessment
- Corrective Action Plan Review
- Trend Analysis